16.5 is …
21 thrusters (95/65, 65/45)
Full details of all the variations of the workout are available at http://games.crossfit.com/workouts/the-open
To keep everything running smoothly, please read the following.
• When you get to the gym, sign-up for a heat time to WOD and a heat time to judge. You must be at the gym to sign-up for a heat. You can’t have someone sign you up. Everyone needs to judge at least one person.
• We plan to run 20 people per heat with 10 people on the right side of the gym and 10 on the left side of the gym.
• If you’re considering doing the WOD Rx, your goal is to complete the WOD in 45 minutes or less. Otherwise, we should consider doing the scaled version of the WOD.
• There will be a 5-minute transition time in between heats.
• We plan on running heats every 50 minutes. If a heat finishes early, we may start the next heat a little earlier.
• If you are a judge, please respect the standards of the movements. You’re not a bean counter, you’re a judge. If someone doesn’t meet the standards, especially on the thrusters (not low enough in squat or doesn’t press barbell overhead) then it’s not a rep.
• The OLY room up front will be used as the warm-up area.
• If you’re unable to come of Friday, here’s the schedule for a when you can do 16.5.
Saturday – 10-11 am
Sunday – 2-4 pm
Monday – by appointment with Brandon
5:00 p.m. – Gym opens
5:40 p.m. – WOD briefing with Chris
6:00 p.m. – Heat 1
6:50 p.m. – Heat 2
7:40 p.m. – Heat 3
8:30 p.m. – Heat 4 (if necessary)
• Warm-up – The warm up will be written on the board. If you want to be fully prepared and perform well then take the warm-up seriously and do the whole thing. It is designed specifically to get the areas of need prepped and going for the WOD.
• Food – If you signed up for food, it’s expected to be ready at 6:30 p.m. If you didn’t sign-up for food, you can still eat. It’s $10 for food.
• Food Drive – You can still bring food for the North Gwinnett Co-Op food drive. Be sure to sign-in how much your brought. One 8oz can equals half a pound. One 16oz can equals 1 pound.
• Couch auction – The highest bidder for the couches will get to side on the sideline and watch 16.3 from the best view in the gym. Money goes to the North Gwinnett Co-Op.