This pizza version removes the grain and dairy and still taste good! This is a basic pizza recipe. You can alter it and add whatever veggies and meats that you like to make your favorite style of pizza.
- 3 tsp olive oil, divided
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 Tbs cashew butter
- 1/3 cup egg whites
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 chopped red pepper
- 1/2 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 large Italian sausage, cut in 1/2″ slices
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp fennel seed
- Mix almond flour, cashew butter, and egg whites in a small bowl. This makes the dough.
- Cover a pizza baking sheet with 2 tsp of olive oil, then spread the “dough” mixture over it, making a 1/4″ thick crust. Preheat the oven to 250 F.
- In a skillet, add the remaining olive oil and the sliced sausage. Once browned remove from skillet and place in small bowl.
- Add the garlic, onions, and red pepper to the skillet. Sauté the veggies shortly. You do not want them to be too soft.
- Cover the dough with the marinara sauce, then add the meat and all the vegetables except the tomatoes. Add the oregano and fennel seed, then bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, add the halved tomatoes.
- Make sure to be careful when lifting slices off the pan. The dough will be be as thick as normal so make sure to use a spatula.
- Makes 4 servings.
excerpted from PaleoPlan.com