16.4 is …
55 wall balls
55 calorie row
55 handstand pushup or hand release push ups for scaled
Full details of all the variations of the workout are available at http://games.crossfit.com/workouts/the-open
To keep everything running smoothly, please read the following. There’s a few minor additions.
• When you get to the gym, sign-up for a heat time to WOD and a heat time to judge. You must be at the gym to sign-up for a heat. You can’t have someone sign you up. Everyone needs to judge at least one person.
• We plan to run 8 people per heat with all of the lanes on the right side of the gym (Rogue rig).
• The number next to your name on the heat list is the lane you sign-up for to do the WOD.
• Please be in the ‘on deck’ by circle by the GHD machines ready to go with 5 minutes remaining in the WOD.
• There will be a 5-minute transition time in between heats.
• It’s is important that we get our barbell and weight loaded quickly. If you’re an Rx athlete, you will need to get measured for HSPU.
• If you are a judge, please respect the standards of the movements. You’re not a bean counter, you’re a judge. If someone doesn’t meet the standards, especially on wall balls (not low enough in squat or doesn’t hit the wall) then it’s not a rep.
• The OLY room up front and the pull rig on the left will used as the warm-up area.
5:00 p.m. – Gym opens
5:30 p.m. – Heat 1 and Heat 2 get measured for HSPU
5:40 p.m. – WOD briefing with Chris
6:00 p.m. – Heat 1
6:18 p.m. – Heat 2
6:36 p.m. – Heat 3
6:54 p.m. – Heat 4
7:12 p.m. – Heat 5
7:30 p.m. – Heat 6
7:48 p.m. – Heat 7
8:06 p.m. – Heat 8
8:24 p.m. – Heat 9 (if necessary)
• Sign the shirt – There will be a Friday Night Throwdown shirt on the table by the chalkboard. Please sign it with the silver Sharpie. Please do not write too big since we have to get 78 signatures on it.
• Warm-up – The warm up will be written on the board. If you want to be fully prepared and perform well then take the warm-up seriously and do the whole thing. It is designed specifically to get the areas of need prepped and going for the WOD.
• Food – If you signed up for food, it’s expected to be ready at 6:30 p.m. If you didn’t sign-up for food, you can still eat. It’s $10 for food.
• Food Drive – You can still bring food for the North Gwinnett Co-Op food drive. Be sure to sign-in how much your brought. One 8oz can equals half a pound. One 16oz can equals 1 pound.
• Couch auction – The highest bidder for the couches will get to side on the sideline and watch 16.3 from the best view in the gym. Money goes to the North Gwinnett Co-Op.