Just when you think there’s no way we can top the excitement of 16.2, Dave Castro pulls out bar muscle ups and we had people hitting PRs left and right to make for an awesome night for 16.3. We had 13 people get their first bar muscle up this week. 13 people! That’s incredible. Big thanks to Coach Chris Fischer for the quick muscle up tutorial on Friday.
The menu for 16.4 is… Fried Chicken, Biscuits & Gravy, Cole Slaw
Sign-up sheet is by the chalkboard. Please sign-up by Wednesday at 8 p.m. Cost is $10 per person.
The best seat in the house each week will be the couches placed prominently in the middle of all the action. If you want to have the couch for the night, it’s easy, be the top bidder by 6 pm on Friday. In addition to having the best seat, complimentary drinks and snack will be provided. All the money from the couch auction goes to the North Gwinnett Co-Op. Sign-up sheet is posted next to the chalkboard.
NEWS AND NOTES
• The posters at the gym have been awesome the last two weeks! Just to clarify, the posters need to be at least standard poster size. No posters cut in half or pieces of paper. Also, we need to take the posters down by Sunday. We need the wall space for HSPU, wall balls, etc. during the week.
• If you bring canned goods for the North Gwinnett Co-Op, the bucket is by the front door when you walk in the building. There’s a sign-in sheet on ledge. If you bring an 8oz can that’s half a pound, a 16oz can is 1 pound.
• If you spill your drink from all of the excitement of Friday Night Throwdown or drop your plate of food because you just saw someone hit an awesome PR, please clean it up. There’s paper towels by the sink or in the bathroom, or you can use the wet wipes on the wall.
• We need everyone to judge at least one heat on Friday during the Throwdown. The only exception is the Teens. If we don’t have judges, we can’t keep the event running on time. If you’re unable to judge, please find someone to take your spot.
• You have to be at the gym to sign-up for a heat. You can’t have a friend or family member sign you up for a heat. While you may have intentions of being at the gym for your heat, something could come up (Atlanta traffic) and you could be late, leaving an unused lane open.
• If you’re not competing or you’re not a judge, we can’t have you on the competition floor. This is for your safety and the athlete’s safety.
FRIDAY NIGHT THROWDOWN
Team Deb – 498
Team Stacey – 450
Team Laura – 424
Team Jeremy – 379
Team Deb – 1,378
Team Laura – 1,324
Team Stacey – 1,309
Team Jeremy – 1,158