It’s game week! The CrossFit Open and Friday Night Throwdown are happening this Friday, Feb. 27 from 6-9 p.m.
Here’s some of the things you can expect.
• A sign-up sheet for the heats will be posted on Thursday. They are tentatively set for the following times – 6:00, 6:20, 6:40, 7:00, 7:20, 7:40, 8:00, 8:20, 8:40.
(We may have to adjust the times of the heats or the number of people in each heat based on the WOD.)
• CrossFit Open WOD 15.1 will be announced live at 8 p.m. EST at https://games.crossfit.com
• You can watch the live announcement at the gym on Thursday at 8 p.m.
• Doors will open for Friday Night Throwdown at 5 p.m.
• You will warm-up on your own. A warm-up will be posted on the whiteboard.
• If this is your first CrossFit Open and you need help, we will have a coach available to answer your questions, get you properly warmed up and go over strategy with you. If you want want to take advantage of this, plan on being at the gym at 5:30 or 6:30 and doing the WOD at approximately 6:20 or 7:20 p.m.
• Progenex will be at the gym with recovery protein shakes.
• You are welcome to bring friends and family to come watch.
• You are welcome to bring any drinks, snacks, etc.
• Childcare will be available from 6-8 p.m.
• We will have a DJ playing music and announcing athletes.
• You can watch the action from the front row on a coach by being the top bidder. Bid sheets are posted next to the chalkboard.
• We should be done around 9 p.m. We will go to YourPie, which is a 1/4-mile from the gym, for dinner and drinks.
Still have questions? Go to this link for the FAQ.
Still not sure about something? e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org