Cathy Mele began training at No Excuses in January of 2012. In the fall of 2012, Cathy and her daughter Lydia were introduced to the sport of Powerlifting after participating in a deadlift fundraiser that was held at No Excuses. Lydia began training at Quest Gym in Duluth for a meet and her Coach encouraged Cathy to start training too since she was going to be there anyway. From then, the Mele ladies were hooked and have had immense success in the sport. Their family has remained connected to No Excuses, training with us in their off-season and getting their other children involved in CrossFit Teens. Cathy brings a wealth of specific powerlifting knowledge and experience to the No Excuses team.
Cathy coaches in our Kids and Teens program and is our resident Powerlifting coach.
More about Coach Cathy:
- Two-time national champion (2013, 2015)
- 2014 World Championships total bronze medalist
- 2014 World Championships deadlift silver medalist
- 2016 National team member
- Current American Records(45-49yo); deadlift 358 lb@123 bw and deadlift 369 lb @133 bw
- Current GA state records; Open (all ages) deadlift @125 bw and @138 bw; M1b (45-49yo) squat, bench, and deadlift records @125 bw and 138 bw
- USA Powerlifting Club level coach, Level 1 CrossFit Trainer, CrossFit Kids Trainer