To make this dish the most easily and to have it come out the best, three pieces of equipment are very helpful:
– A food processor
– A microwave
– A covered (or fairly tightly coverable) microwave-safe dish
- 1 head cauliflower (or however much you want)
Optional Spices and Seasoning:
- 1/2 teaspoon ground curry
- 1 green onion – finely chopped
- dash of cayenne pepper, sea salt, ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Microwave cauliflower in a covered dish. DO NOT ADD WATER. Cauliflower absorbs water like crazy, and the “granules” will become gummy. To keep it fluffy, just let the moisture in the cauliflower do its work. You don’t need to overcook it, just heat it up so it’ll become a little softer and cook faster in the pan.
- Process the cauliflower in food processor until it is the size of rice or couscous, either using the plain steel blade or the shredder blade. Alternatively, you can shred it with a hand-held grater, or even use a knife, if you have the dexterity to chop it up VERY finely.
- Saute the cauliflower in a pan with oil and any additional seasonings you feel like–garlic is always a good one, ginger, tamari wheat-free sauce, curry, or just pepper.