A yummy weekend breakfast!
- 6 strips nitrite-free bacon or fresh pork side
- Melted bacon fat for brushing tins
- 4 slices tomato, each about 1/2 inch thick
- 4 eggs
- Pepper to taste
- Chopped onions (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat until it begins to shrivel, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Brush 4 cups in a muffin tin or 4 small ramekins with bacon fat.
- Place a tomato slice in the bottom of each cup. Circle the inside of each cup with 1-1/2 strips of bacon.
- Break an egg into each muffin cup and season with pepper.
- Can add chopped onions, if desired.
- Fill any unused tins with water to protect from burning.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- To serve, loosen the edges of the eggs with spatula and transfer the eggs to plates. Serves 2.